A Keynote On Audit Programme
Usually, it is advisable to conduct an audit programme for every single audit and more specifically for the bigger ones. Further, this programme contains an examination and verification process where each step is inter-related to another of the accounting set records of the client. Or more clearly, an audit agenda can be defined as the briefing of the client’s accounting books on the basis of applying certain instructions to meet the audit objectives.
Each venture has different working characteristics like variable size, structure, and configuration. Thus, the evaluating criteria of one business may not suit the other one. Hence, applying the same audit programme to all business is not at all practically a possible thing. Therefore, it becomes an immediate requirement to pre-specify the auditing details, so that no actual time is wasted for the auditing process unless any special case is encountered.
The course of the audit programme
Mainly the auditing programme comprises a sequence of examination processes that can be applied to the financial statements of the business firm to collect a true and fair picture of the accounting session of the company. Here are some points that need to be regarded in view of programme construction.
- Confine to the limit and extent of the dealing project
- Collect all the possible evidence that satisfy your personal quest.
- Be sure of applying those specific steps that can easily accomplish the verification procedures.
- Do not forget to consider all the possible accounting errors
- Finally, coordinate every required data and procedure that is already applied to the accounting records
However, the auditor needs evidence to clarify the doubts regarding accounting and also for certifying the records. This is the primary task associated with the auditor.
Pros of an audit programme
- While planning out for an audit programme, one gets the clear-cut instructions of work to be done generally for an audit.
- Further, it gives a total outlook of work perspective to be conducted.
- Choosing the assistants for the confined job becomes easier when the whole work is disintegrated into different sessions like planning, defining and working out.
- An audit is fully based on a mental planning where there can be great possibilities of errors occurring while dealing with books and records. Hence, working under a pre-planned framework helps avoid such dangers and assist in completing the course successfully and systematically.
- Further, all the conducted processes serve as a standard for conducting an audit for the successive years.